SST is organized into 8 modules, 9 if you are enrolled in Computer Assisted Personalized Sedation (CAPS) training:
- Continuum of sedation
- Pre-procedure evaluation and preparation
- Respiratory complications
- Patient safety monitoring
- Airway assessment and management
- Sedation pharmacology
- Propofol for CAPS (only offered to CAPS trainees)
The modules address important topics within sedation practice.
The modules may be completed at your own pace, on your own schedule. The course is structured as a “virtual preceptorship”, where the learner visits a virtual center of excellence, with 3 different virtual environments per module. The learner is a virtual visitor to a conference room, a patient simulation center and a sedation suite. Please see a description of the course in the section of our website.